News / 5 March, 2020
In view of the evolution that the outbreak of coronavirus disease is having and as pointed out in the joint communiqué on tourism and covid-19 launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), coordination and responsibility must be the two fundamental pillars of the current situation we are experiencing.
Spain continues to be a safe destination for trips, meetings and events. The Ministry of Health, and the Interterritorial Council of the National Health System (CISNS) are actively monitoring the current outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and are working with the World Health Organization and other international partners.
From the Kursaal Conference Center and Auditorium we are working to ensure that all policies and procedures that help ensure the health and safety of event participants are current and up to date.
The well-being of the people attending the events and our team is our top priority. To do this, we have taken the following measures:
- We have prepared action plans together with our service providers in case of suspected contamination, proceeding as directed by Osakidetza, the Basque Health Service.
- Rooms have been identified to isolate participants in events that show symptoms while waiting for healthcare to arrive.
- Our teams are available to study any additional support measures according to the needs of each event.
- The cleaning and disinfection procedures in our facilities have been enhanced. Our cleaning team has expanded its disinfection processes during the days of the event for greater coverage of high contact areas (reception, rest areas, bathrooms, handles and entrance doors).
Recommendations for participants in events held in Kursaal:
- If you have planned to attend an event and think that it is likely you have been contaminated, postpone your visit and contact 900 20 30 50, the Osakidetza service number.
- If you start experiencing symptoms during your participation in the event, advise Kursaal staff. It will be attended immediately by the competent teams.
- A reminder of hygiene measures is present in all our toilets.
- We also invite you to respect the hygiene measures recommended by WHO.
For more information, do not hesitate to consult the reference sites:
Spanish Ministry of Health: